Friday Night Magic with Family Fun Hobbies
Store Hours: Sunday: 11am-6pm • Monday - Friday: 10am-9pm • Saturday: 10am-6pm
Getting to know Friday Night Magic
- Each month a different ALTERNATE ART FOIL card will be given out. The cards often feature original flavor text and updated wordings.
- 1st and 2nd place receive one prize card each.
- Door prize: The tournament organizer will randomly award the remaining two prize cards to two players that did not place first or second.
- Different types of tournament events occur, with our Event Calendar having a detailed list of when everything is scheduled.
Booster Draft Event
In a Booster Draft, you will receive three (3) Booster Packs of the particular pack or packs designated for that event.
Players will then draft cards from those packs, as follows:
- You will open one (1) Booster Pack, as designated by the Tournament Organizer or Head Judge.
- Next, remove any Rules Cards, Tips & Tricks Cards, non-foil Basic Lands or any Token Cards from the pack.
- You will then choose one (1) card from that pack, and place it face down in front of you.
- You will pass the remaining cards from that Booster Pack to the player to your right, while at the same time receiving cards from the player to your left.
- Continue to draft cards in this manner until all the cards are removed from this pack.
- Open the next pack.
- Proceed to draft cards in the same manner, but reversing the pass direction for the second Booster Pack.
- When the second Booster Pack is drafted, open the third Booster Pack, and revert back to the original pass direction.
Once the drafting is finished, you will have a designated amount of time (usually 30 minutes) to build your own deck, with the following restrictions:
- You may only use the cards you drafted.
- You may add any BASIC LAND that you would like (we will happily lend you some if necessary).
- Your deck must be at least forty (40) cards.
- All other rules of Limited Format Deck Construction must be followed.
ENTRY FEE: $15.00
We will put one (1) Booster Pack into a Prize Pool for each player that enters. The exact spread of the prize payout will be determined at the time of the event, and also will be dependent upon the number of players entering. In other words, the more friends you bring, the LARGER the prize will be!!!
We will play a number of rounds as determined by the number of players in attendance.